This is a FREE ONLINE COURSE and is aimed at teaching the Management of Information Systems in organizations in an easy, interesting and innovative way in 48 contact hours.
The need for this course arises from the fact that this is the era of information and each Individual, Family, Job, Business and Organization should know how to Collect, Manage, Share and Disseminate the required Information.
The comprehension of acquiring the required information and disseminating it properly is a real challenge due to the massive availability of information resources. Therefore, all individuals and organizations should be able to manage the Information Systems (IS).
There are three constituents in an information system, Hardware, Software and Human Resource. Management Information Systems are created and managed in organizations for better decision making.
After attending these 48 contact hours, you will be able to understand how individuals, managers and organizations manage their Information Systems, and how managements utilize these management systems to make better decisions.
The class will be held once a week (Friday) at 5:30 pm (Pakistan Standard Time).
What makes this course unique?
This is an innovative method to learn MIS by focusing on MIS, Systems, Terminologies, Topics, Theories and Practices with practical examples from the industry and business houses.
Who can take this course?
- Any undergraduate, who has qualified secondary school level certificate, A level or equivalent
- Students of Management Information System (MIS)
- Software engineers
- Aspiring managers
- General public interested in learning MIS
There are no prerequisites for taking this course. The participants should be literate and know the basics of computer operating. It is better if s/he is studying or practicing MIS in his/her daily routine.
This MIS Online Course is divided into the following 5 Modules:
- Basic Concepts of Information System
- Introduction to Information Technology (IT)
- Business Related Softwares and Applications
- Information System Development Process
- Challenges of Information Systems to Management
Topics to be covered
i. Basics of Information System
ii. Competing with IT in today’s Market
iii. Computer Hardware for Information Systems
iv. Computer Softwares for Information Systems
v. Data Management in Information Systems
vi. Networking and Telecommunications for IS
vii. Electronic Business Systems
viii. ERP IS Systems
ix. Electronic Commerce
x. Decision Support System
xi. Development of IS Strategies for Organizations
xii. Development of IS Solutions for Organizations
xiii. Ethical Issues and Security Challenges
xiv. Multinational Level Management of IS
After attending these 48 contact hours, the learners will be able to:
- Understand and apply Modern MIS, systems in their organizations
- Utilize MIS softwares and applications in their organizations
- Design, develop and implement MIS in their organizations
- Get acquainted with Digital Fluency and Collaborative Learning in an interactive way
After completing all activities and assignments of this course, learners will be given a Badge. They will be able to attempt an undergraduate test for the Course of MIS.
However, this course is not meant for any certifications or terminal examinations of any particular university.
Recommended Key Texts
- Management Information System by O’ Brien
- Management Information System by Kenneth Laudon
- Guidelines for MIS Project Report by the instructor
- Management Practices in the Light of Quran-e-Hakeem PPT slides by the instructor
Language of instruction: English